There were three men around the fire, with the smell of coffee and of bacon frying. It was a two-bit camp in mighty rough country, with three saddle-broncs and a packhorse standing under a lightning-struck cottonwood. "Howdy," I said. "You boys receivin' visitors, or is this a closed meetin'?" They were all looking me over, but one said, "You're here, mister. Light and set."
From "The Man From the Broken Hills" by Louis L'Amour


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Throne of Lies & Fudge

A few of my favorite Christmas movie quotes:

From Elf -- "You sit on a throne of lies."



From A Christmas Story -- "Oh Fudge!"



From National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation --
"...where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?"
"Bend over and I'll show ya."




So what's your favorite Christmas movie quote?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i could remember any lines from any christmas movie I would sure post them...but I can't...I will say Nativity story and White Chrismtas are my favorite christmas movies...oh wait...i remember a line from White Christmas...."I'm dreaming of a white christmas..."

Anonymous said...

The four Birnies watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation AGAIN this year. The lines that are usually funny seemed funnier, and then there were new lines that were funny this year! I'm afraid we could relate to that movie way too well! My kids love to quote lines from that movie. Greg's favorite is when Cousin Eddie says "Serious Clark?".