There were three men around the fire, with the smell of coffee and of bacon frying. It was a two-bit camp in mighty rough country, with three saddle-broncs and a packhorse standing under a lightning-struck cottonwood. "Howdy," I said. "You boys receivin' visitors, or is this a closed meetin'?" They were all looking me over, but one said, "You're here, mister. Light and set."
From "The Man From the Broken Hills" by Louis L'Amour


Friday, June 19, 2009

Fan Letter


I just hope that someone writes him back.

2 comments:

Susan B. said...

The wonder, innocence and trust of children is one of God's greatest creations. Don't you wish we could all be so eloquent in our writing and asking for what we want, and then expect it to happen?

Anonymous said...

well, they did right me back but if you want to know more about it you will have to talk to me (i can't type good)