There were three men around the fire, with the smell of coffee and of bacon frying. It was a two-bit camp in mighty rough country, with three saddle-broncs and a packhorse standing under a lightning-struck cottonwood. "Howdy," I said. "You boys receivin' visitors, or is this a closed meetin'?" They were all looking me over, but one said, "You're here, mister. Light and set."
From "The Man From the Broken Hills" by Louis L'Amour


Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to the Blog!

Thanks to the multitude of you (Danny, Tricia, and Kelly) who have asked me to blog more frequently. I appreciate that you check in periodically, and I know how disappointing it is to visit a site that never gets updated.

[I had to type 'disappointing' six times above before I got it right. Spell checkers, although handy, sure do make a guy feel dumb.]

I really haven't spent a lot of time writing or reading blogs the last few months. I used to do these things on my lunch, but even that time slot seems to have been lost due to changes in my job. Like everyone else, it just seems that I am busier and my days go faster than ever. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

I plan to get back to blogging because I really enjoy writing when I take the time to do it. Please keep checking in periodically. I will have a new web host soon and will commit to updating that new site weekly. I will email the new address when it's up and running.
Thanks again!

[PS Blogging still feels very narcissistic to me. Just counting the 'I's above makes me blush. So how are YOU?]

[PPS Wow. I thought I had trouble with 'disappointing'. Had to look up narcissistic.]


1 comment:

Susan B. said...

I have missed your writings! You have good insights to everyday things and make them come alive to us readers!