There were three men around the fire, with the smell of coffee and of bacon frying. It was a two-bit camp in mighty rough country, with three saddle-broncs and a packhorse standing under a lightning-struck cottonwood. "Howdy," I said. "You boys receivin' visitors, or is this a closed meetin'?" They were all looking me over, but one said, "You're here, mister. Light and set."
From "The Man From the Broken Hills" by Louis L'Amour


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Presidential Peace



In regard to next week's election, I now have a peace. I'm not
anxious.

My candidate may or may not win. I will vote, and I will be disappointed if the results go against my cast, but at the end of the day, I will not get down.

The source of my new-found peace is this verse that I read yesterday:



The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will. Proverbs 21:1 (ESV)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It troubles me to hear Christians speak of the fear they have of what the results of this election might be. They are afraid of “what might happen to this nation”. This betrays an attitude of unbelief. God has global purposes. He is working all things toward His glory and therefore our joy. His kingdom has survived and displayed itself mightier than Pharaoh, Nero, and Hitler. He raises up kings and puts them down for His sovereign purposes.

Turtle On a Fence Post said...

So did any of "your" candidates win? I think Blair and I were at a solid 0% for candidates and issues. We remain confident that our God is soverign and can work his purposes even through leaders which weren't our choice!