There were three men around the fire, with the smell of coffee and of bacon frying. It was a two-bit camp in mighty rough country, with three saddle-broncs and a packhorse standing under a lightning-struck cottonwood. "Howdy," I said. "You boys receivin' visitors, or is this a closed meetin'?" They were all looking me over, but one said, "You're here, mister. Light and set."
From "The Man From the Broken Hills" by Louis L'Amour


Friday, February 20, 2009

Things Kids Say

Wes, reading a menu at a mexican restaurant, pronounced "fajita" phonetically, with the hard 'j' and a long 'i'. Maybe it's just me, but that cracks me up.

Griffin continues to pronounce the word 'motorcycle' as "murder-cycle". Smart kid. I'm not going to correct him. He also says 'finger' with a 'th' at the beginning: "thinger".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trey asked me tonight if stars were really shaped like the ones you draw....
I said I supposed so...
otherwise we would call them pointy things.
BDBro

Turtle On a Fence Post said...

When my nephew was much younger, my sister told my nephew that he could only get a motorcycle "over my dead body". One day, he saw a man riding a motorcycle and said "I feel sorry for that guy." "why?" my sister replied and my nephew responded, "His mother must be dead!" :)

DBro said...

That is a great story!