There were three men around the fire, with the smell of coffee and of bacon frying. It was a two-bit camp in mighty rough country, with three saddle-broncs and a packhorse standing under a lightning-struck cottonwood. "Howdy," I said. "You boys receivin' visitors, or is this a closed meetin'?" They were all looking me over, but one said, "You're here, mister. Light and set."
From "The Man From the Broken Hills" by Louis L'Amour


Monday, November 17, 2008

What do I think of Twitter?

It’s like a guy carrying around a megaphone who periodically announces to no one in particular; “I’m shopping at Pay Less!”, or “Just waiting at a stop light!”, for no other reason than to justify the carrying of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am officially old, I had to look up the definition of Twitter. I also remember not having remote control t.v.........

DBro said...

When we were kids, we WERE the remote control, right?